A document editing program that supports many file types
With Kingsoft Office, you have access to creating and editing documents and other tools on your phone.
This is an app that is useful if you have to do a lot of tasks with an office program. The text isn't that easy to see since it's a smaller screen, but you have many of the same tools that you would have if you were using an office program on a computer. Kingsoft Office is pretty much used for creating longer text documents and editing them before sharing them with others. There are over 40 languages that are supported by the program, including Spanish, Russian and Arabic.
All you have to do to use the app is to swipe the screen from left to right to see the tools that are available. Several formats are supported to make it easier to share or save the files after they are created instead of changing them to another format. There are also a few cloud storage devices that are compatible with the app. Tools that are available for editing text documents include bold print, italics and underlining words.
- Create and edit documents
- Save in multiple formats
- Hard to see
- Updates sometimes fail
WPS Office version 16.5.2 is now available and includes some bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to change network connectivity state.
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state.
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT: Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- NFC: Allows applications to perform I/O operations over NFC.
- REQUEST_INSTALL_PACKAGES: Allows an application to request installing packages. Apps targeting APIs greater than 22 must hold this permission in order to use ACTION_INSTALL_PACKAGE.
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: Allows an app to create windows using the type TYPE_SYSTEM_ALERT, shown on top of all other apps. Very few apps should use this permission; these windows are intended for system-level interaction with the user.
- UNINSTALL_SHORTCUT: This permission is no longer supported.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.